The foundation is a cosmetic covering small imperfection of the face and perfectly suits your skin tone if made from natural ingredients, combined by the book. The process of preparing a homemade natural foundation may sound complicated, but it’s not.
– 2 teaspoons of argan oil (for dry or sensitive complexion) or jojoba oil (for oily or mixed complexion);
– a teaspoon of Shea butter;
– half a teaspoon of emulsifying wax;
– a tablespoon of aloe vera gel;
– a teaspoon of Hamamelis water(witch hazel);
– a half or a quarter teaspoon of cocoa (depending on your skin tone);
– half a teaspoon of clay or rice powder;
– half a teaspoon of powdered mica for shine (optional).
Method of preparation
Step 1: getting the base
Put the selected vegetable oil, Shea butter and the emulsifying wax to melt by bain-marie method. After the composition is homogeneous, add aloe vera gel and witch hazel water. Mix the composition again and stop the fire.
Step 2: getting the right shade for your skin
Gradually add the ingredients that help you get the right shade for your skin. It is important that you “play” with them until you manage to get to a color as close to that of your skin. Cocoa darkens the shade, and clay or rice powder enlightens it. For brightness, add mica powder.
Step 3: Storage
Test the color on your forehead, and if you’re happy with the result, store the natural homemade foundation in a suitable container. The foundation is valid within 30 days, if kept at room temperature.
The ingredients used in this recipe can be purchased from health stores.