Rough, cracked heels are a common problem. For many people, this is a purely cosmetic problem, but by neglecting it, can lead to more serious things. By deepening fissures, the skin begins to bleed and discomfort turns into pain. Find out below how you can treat these problems with natural remedies.
Here are some natural remedies for dry feet and cracked heels:
- After a warm bath and a proper cleaning of the heel using pumice, apply any hydrogenated vegetable oil (margarine, bottled salad dressings, cooking oils) and massage the heels. Cover your feet with thick socks and remove them in the morning.
- Apply the pulp of ripe banana on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes. Then remove with warm water.
- Keep the feet in lemon juice for 20 minutes. Follow this treatment weekly until you see the changes occur.
- A daily regimen of cleansing and moisturizing is the best treatment to prevent dryness and cracking heels. At the end of the day, your keep feet in warm soapy water and a cup of vinegar for 15 minutes. Rinse with water and dab them with a towel. Then mix a teaspoon of Vaseline with lemon juice and rub your heels with this mixture until it is absorbed. Perform this treatment daily until you notice visible results.
- Apply a mixture of glycerin and regular rosewater for smooth heels.
- Prepare a strawberry mask to exfoliate the heels: 6-8 strawberries mixed with 2 tablespoons olive oil (or almond) and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Rub vigorously the heels with this paste and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then remove with warm water alternating with cold water.
- The scrub with orange oil has invigorating effects. You need: 2 oranges, 1 cup vegetable oil and 1 cup sea salt. Mix oil with sea salt and cut the oranges into round slices. Soak the slices of orange in the mixture of oil and sea salt and massage your heels down for 10 minutes. Then remove with warm water. Effects: deep cleaning, revives and softens heels. You can also achieve this effect by massaging your heels with lemon.
Dry, cracked heels diet
Dryness and cracking heel is often caused by a deficiency of vitamins, minerals, zinc and omega-3. It is therefore very important to increase your intake of calcium, iron, zinc and omega-3. Here is a list of foods that can help in treating the problem from the inside.
Vitamins (especially vitamin E) are find in: vegetable oils, green leafy vegetables, cereals, wheat germ, whole grain products and nuts;
Find calcium in: milk, cheese, yogurt, soy milk, mineral water, ice cream, over low, juices, cereals, broccoli;
Find iron in: meat, poultry and fish, grains, eggs, vegetables and beans;
Find zinc in: Oysters, chicken, crab, beans cripple, yogurt, brown rice, spaghetti;
Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in: cold water fish, flax seed and flax seed oil.