The lungs work at full capacity only when they are clean, therefore, whether you are a smoker or not, their periodic detoxification is necessary to maintain the overall health of the entire body. Lungs detoxification helps prevent infections, reduces cancer risk and improves lung capacity.
- Two days before starting the detoxification process you must avoid all dairy products because the body must get rid of the toxins from these foods.
- A day before starting the detox cure, drink a cup of mint tea before bedtime. It helps to relax the muscles of the respiratory tract, and has anti-antihistamine and decongestant proprieties.
- In the morning, squeeze two lemons, combine the juice obtained with 300 ml of water and drink it before breakfast. Lemons help increase the body’s pH, and that helps detoxify all organs, including the lungs. A higher pH also supports the lymph system, helping to clean the blood.
- Drink 300 ml of fresh grapefruit juice. It contains natural antioxidants that improve respiratory system.
- Drink 300 ml of carrot juice between breakfast and lunch. Carrot juice helps alkalifying the blood.
- Drink at lunch 400 ml of juice rich in potassium. It tones and cleanses. Before bedtime drink 400 ml of cranberry juice. It fights bacteria that cause infections in the lungs.
- Take detoxifying baths. Cigarette smoke contains more than 4,000 chemicals. To help the body eliminate some of them, take a detoxifying bath with rosemary, a powerful cleanser. Opening the pores of the skin, this bath will help eliminate toxins, favoring exchanges between inside and outside. Pour 3-4 l of rosemary infusion in the water in which you bath and stand at least 15 minutes.
- Cardio exercises helps the efficient functioning of the lungs.
- Detoxify your lungs with the breath. Breathing exercises help purify the lungs through their vascularization. All you have to do is to inhale strong, then hold your breath for 2-3 seconds, then exhale deeply. Repeat this exercise 7-8 times.