Whether we are talking about an internal disorder or a deficiency of minerals and vitamins, exfoliating nails always give us trouble. If you have brittle nails and you need an effective therapy to strengthen them, we give you five natural recipes that you can prepare at home, and will certainly help you .
Before we start listing the main natural remedies, we must establish the main causes that trigger this unattractive process.
Internal causes of brittle nails:
- lack of iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, essential fatty acids, proteins and vitamins in the body. Adopt a healthy diet and eat more often spinach, eggs, green vegetables, bananas, lentils, beans, citrus, etc;
- with age nails dry and thus get easier to peel;
- problems with blood circulation;
- thyroid problems.
External causes of brittle nails:
- excessive moisture – don’t hold your hand in the water for long periods;
- achieving household chores without wearing gloves (we all know that long nails can be used as tools to remove the burnt and grease when cleaning the dishes);
- also because we’re not wearing gloves, the chemical cleaning products attack our nail surface, which becomes more fragile and prone to exfoliation;
- fungal infections;
- too often usage of nail polish, without leaving the nails “to breathe”.
Natural Remedies for brittle nails:
- 1. Mask with honey and lemon juice
Make a mixture of a teaspoon of honey and several drops of lemon juice. Massage the nails well with this mask and leave it for an hour, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Olive oil prevents brittle nails
You can use olive oil to have healthy and resistant nails. Rub your nails every night with olive oil and the results will not cease to occur. Equally effective are argan oil and sesame oil. Before applying heat them slightly, because in this way you will moisturize the nails to the core.
- Beer, used as a treatment for exfoliating nails
Did you know that beer is an ideal remedy for brittle nails? Mix three tablespoons of beer with one of olive oil and keep your nails in this mixture for 15 minutes. For maximum results, this process must be repeated at least two times a week.
- Natural remedy based on honey, eggs and milk
Mix one tablespoon of honey, three tablespoons of warm milk and two egg yolks. Hold the nails in this mixture for 15 minutes then rinse with warm water.
Apply these treatments as often as you can, and do not stop when your nails got healthy looking. It is essential to prevent exfoliation in the future, so apply a treatment at least once a week.
Let your nails breathe to be healthy. So in the weekend you can take a break from nail polish and acetone.
Always apply a base before nail polish, to protect nails.